What we collect
Information supplied by yourself online:
By completing forms on one of our aforementioned websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise James Hargreaves (PM) Ltd will subsequently obtain personal data . This information you give us may include your name, address details, company, telephone/mobile number, your email address, CV, best time to contact, customer status (whether or not you are a customer already), enquiry subject, etc.
Information we collect when you are visiting one of James Hargreaves’ websites:
With regard to each of your visits to one of our websites we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical data: IP addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit as to how you navigate our websites (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page,and so on.
It is important to note that the above information is part of the standard information supplied by Google Analytics and which allows us to better understand how our websites are being used. We achieve this by using the aforementioned Cookies on our websites, but again this information doesn’t contain any personally identifiable information.
Information obtained during the normal course of doing business and opening new branches:
During the course of doing business it is only normal that we gather information on potential customers from a multitude of sales & marketing activities. Sales staff, branch managers and such will gather personal information supplied to them in person, over the phone or digitally.
The Marketing department in turn will try to identify genuine ‘prospects’ – e.g. plumbing & heating professionals in a given area – who we feel have a legitimate interest in the products and services we offer.
How we use information held about you
Information supplied by yourself and obtained during the normal course of business:
How we use this information:
- James Hargreaves representatives may follow up, either by e-mail or phone to people who have purchased goods from us as part of our customer services procedures.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or that we feel might genuinely be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- If you are a new customer or – might become a new customer – we might contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) but only if we are convinced that the products or services we mention potentially are of genuine interest to you. If you however do not want us to use your data in this way then please make sure to unsubscribe or opt-out of any future communications. More about how to do this can be found under the “Stop direct marketing messages” heading further down this page.
- James Hargreaves representatives may contact new customers – or genuine prospects – either by e-mail or phone as part of our normal trading practices. If you however do not want us to further contact you, then please clearly state this verbally or via email or any other means most convenient to yourself.
Information we collect when you are visiting one of James Hargreaves’ websites:
How we use this digitally gathered information:
- To administer and improve our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others
James Hargreaves (PM) Ltd will always use its best endeavours to protect the information we hold on you. Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
We strive to always update our websites’ content management systems to the latest versions while making sure that all security patches are applied.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access jhcustomerportal.co.uk, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Where we store your personal data
All information we hold on you is stored on one of the following secure platforms:
- Our own secure servers. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we hold.
- An email campaign platform – currently Campaign Monitor but can be subject to change – which has best practice security measures in place and that is GDPR compliant itself. We also use strong passwords and two-factor authentication to guarantee that unauthorised access is virtually impossible.
- A Text/SMS campaign platform – currently Textlocal but can be subject to change – which is the UK’s number 1 business messaging service and is making the necessary changes in order to be fully GDPR compliant. We also use a ‘Very Strong’ password to minimise the risk of unauthorised access.
- An online form builder – currently our much loved Wufoo but can be subject to change – which is part of SurveyMonkey and is trusted by some of the most popular brands on the web such as Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Disney and such. It goes without saying that Wufoo protects your data with best-in-its-class security resources. We also use a ‘Very Strong’ password to minimise the risk of unauthorised access.
Controlling your personal information / Your Rights:
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you. (data access requests)
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances (we obviously still need to be able to conduct outstanding business if this would be required)
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, please see below for more specifics.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Stop direct marketing messages:
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any promotional emails sent by James Hargreaves, then please do so by clicking here. You obviously also have the option to unsubscribe whenever you receive such an email.
- If you no longer want to receive promotional text messages from James Hargreaves then please text “STOP” to 07446685265
You can also exercise the right to ask for the personal information we hold about you – or to ask for its correction or deletion – at any time by contacting us in writing or via email at:
Data Compliance Officer
James Hargreaves (PM) Ltd
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partners or suppliers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
And then finally the obvious stuff…
We will NEVER, EVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so.
Copyright © James Hargreaves (Plumbers Merchants) Ltd. 2009 - 2018. All rights reserved. James Hargreaves Plumbing Depot is part of the James Hargreaves group of companies. Registered in England No. 188491 James Hargreaves Burnley, Todmorden Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 3JT Tel +44 (0) 1282 722000 | Fax +44 (0) 1282 830022