Changing the way we use water
Saving water and cutting down on the water we use can have a massive impact on not only the environment but also water bills.
Even if you’re not particularly environmentally minded you should bear in mind that if your home or business is on a water meter with every drop you waste you’re literally flushing money down the drain.
There are many easy measures you can take to save water in the home:
• Fix leaking taps – these can waste up to 90 litres of water per week.
• Switch off the tap while brushing your teeth and washing your face – If the entire adult population of England and Wales did this over180 litres of water per a day could be saved – enough for 500,000 houses
• Insert a water saving device in your toilet cistern – this could save up to three litres of water per flush.
• Only wash full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher.
• Take a shorter shower rather than a bath. If you have a bath only half fill it.
• Keep cool water in the fridge to avoid having to run the tap until it gets cold.
• Think before throwing cooking water down the drain – could it be used for watering plants when cooled?
• Use a sponge and a bucket of water to clean your car rather than a constantly running hose.
• Use a bucket and broom for washing your patio rather than a steady flow of water.
• Check regularly for water leaks.
While following these tips will help you to conserve a considerable amount of water, James Hargreaves can help you save even more by supplying you with efficient water saving plumbing and bathroom products.
Your local James Hargreaves Plumbing Depot carries a range of water saving technology including:
• Water saving taps
• Aerated shower heads – combining air with the flow of water these can save up to 75% of the water used in a normal shower
• Water saving tap flow restricting cartridges
• Water saving toilets
• Waterless urinals
• Grey water recycling systems – recycle water from showering and bathing for laundry, flushing toilets, gardening and cleaning the house and car.
Water is the most valuable resource we have and as such James Hargreaves takes water saving very seriously. We stock a wide range of products which carry the Water Efficiency Product Labelling Scheme (WEPLS) which allows customers to see the water usage of particular bathroom fittings.
Call into your local branch and speak to our staff about the water saving products we offer, or click on our suppliers’ logos below for more information.
Change the way you use water, not your lifestyle.
Copyright © James Hargreaves (Plumbers Merchants) Ltd. 2009 - 2018. All rights reserved. James Hargreaves Plumbing Depot is part of the James Hargreaves group of companies. Registered in England No. 188491 James Hargreaves Burnley, Todmorden Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 3JT Tel +44 (0) 1282 722000 | Fax +44 (0) 1282 830022